So many factors in a real estate portfolio inform the best way to deliver facilities management services. Property type, operating complexity, geographic location, and the priorities of occupants all influence FM decisions, making it hard for one size FM solution to fit all. With pressures to do more with less, reduce spending, maximize asset life/value, and create exceptional occupier experiences, there’s an ever-present demand for Adaptation in Facilities Management
FM Contracting Helps Enterprises Stay Strategic
Change is inevitable, and sometimes the best path forward isn’t clear. Larger enterprises often need constant tweaking and adjusting to remain strategic with day-to-day FM needs. For example, when a boutique grocery chain with 150+ locations across America decided to change gears in the final states of an Integrated FM RFP, we were able to quickly respond with a different service model. Understanding a long-term strategic partnership was no longer the urgent priority, Cushman & Wakefield’s Distributed Facilities Solutions team quickly pivoted to a project-based construction contract to help our client quickly roll out a series of store upgrades. When it was time to move forward with client’s maintenance priorities, we suggested a two-trade pilot with preventative maintenance and reactive repair, to help address the most pressing needs prior to potentially larger outsourcing decision in the future.
No matter the client’s maintenance priorities, we work to address the most pressing needs and concerns first and work from there. Often, the preliminary approach creates a solid foundation for additional improvement. At almost every scale, outsourcing models can bring immediate benefit by:
- Leveraging access to expansive supplier networks and tap into buying power and resources not available elsewhere.
- Reducing costs and expenses without impacting quality through exceptional platform engineering and cost consultancy services
- Providing scalable resources that are specially designed to do more with less by reducing person-hours and time investments.
- Boosting connections between the facility management team members and outside resources and partners.
- Enhancing FM contracting success rates by focusing on short- and long-term goals inside and outside the business itself.
Put the Power of a Dedicated FM Servicer to Work
Whether your in-house team needs extra support or your current provider’s model is constraining a focus on what’s important right now, Cushman & Wakefield has options. Our team can help fashion a contracting model that meets your needs now in the short-term and can easily be adapted to meet changing long-term goals. And, we can get started immediately with no minimum volume, no fixed cost, and no contract. Learn more about flexible options for FM contracting that can help to support your facility needs by contacting us.