01 The Opportunity
What started as reactive repair support for specific trades within a single region has grown into a lasting partnership that exceeds both partners’ expectations. We have worked to build the client’s trust, one region—and one project—at a time.
Cushman & Wakefield Facilities Solutions (CWFS) was tasked to provide greater value and a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) to rue21 post-bankruptcy, but we had to build a foundation of trust before doing so. The COVID-19 pandemic provided challenges to rue21’s business operations. As stores re-opened, rue21 soon realized that not all service providers were performing to meet their expectations. The increased demand for new solutions like disinfection services, along with traditional services like HVAC repairs and replacements, was threatening to adversely affect retail store sales.
02 The Solution
- During the first two years, both parties worked collaboratively with intention to design and implement a strong foundation to build on.
- Benefiting from rue21’s strong leadership and trade knowledge, CWFS was invited to scale resources and designate specific subject matter experts to execute on a growing scope, should rue21’s needs expand.
03 The Results
When other facilities maintenance companies struggled to keep pace with rue21’s demand, CWFS provided short-term gap support as a back-up for specific trades in other regions.
CWFS’ ability to meet demands consistently and deliver value through efficiency and scale increased the trust of rue21 leadership.
As trust and service delivery increased over time, CWFS expanded with rue21 including:
- Disinfecting stores with Covid positive exposure across the entire portfolio
- Providing fixture rollouts and miscellaneous debris disposal to specific project stores
- HVAC preventative maintenance, asset documentation, and capital replacement in new regions
- Taking on additional regions as primary provider in reactive repair