Valuation and Advisory Services
Commercial valuation services
Real estate plays an increasingly important role in society, which makes an independent, objective and reliable appraisal of a property’s market value essential.
Cushman & Wakefield’s approach to valuations is therefore based on thorough research and an in-depth understanding of real estate. Supported by an exceptionally extensive transaction database, the Valuation & Advisory department stays on top of current trends at a national, regional and local level.
- Want to know more about the standards and procedures when it comes to our valuations?
- Find out more about our local, regional and worldwide expertise in valuation and advisory services.
- Want to know what kind of valuations we carry out for our clients?
- Learn more about our three dedicated business lines; CRE, Residential and Specials.
- Want to request a valuation? Email us directly by clicking here.
Professional and reliable
- Commercial Real Estate Regulations Dutch Register of Real Estate Valuers (NRVT)
- International Valuation Standards (IVS), published by the International Valuation Standards Council (IVSC)
- European Valuation Standards (EVS), published by The European Group of Valuers Associations (TeGoVa)
- RICS Valuation Standards (The Red Book)
- Cushman & Wakefield Global Code of Business Conduct, Cushman & Wakefield's internal code of conduct
Our work processes are also ISAE3402 Type II certified, making our procedures transparent and verifiable for our clients. This will enable you to make well-informed decisions and your reporting procedures will comply in all respects with current regulations.
Valuation reports are also assessed on a random basis for quality and completeness. An assessment is carried out by a valuer who has not been involved in the assignment concerned. Furthermore, the valuers declare that when performing a valuation, the fundamental principles of objectivity and independence have been upheld. The objectivity and independence of valuation consultants are safeguarded through compliance with our ethics codes.
Pro-active and advisory
Our valuation consultants have a wealth of experience in all sectors, so our capabilities extend across the entire breadth of the market. We also guarantee that our property valuation experts adopt a proactive and advisory approach. They work hard to gain detailed insight and deliver accurate, prompt and expert valuations on market terms, as well as advisory services to support your business objectives. These valuations are arrived at through close cooperation with our Capital Markets and Lease Advisory teams.
Worldwide presence with regional expertise
Our market knowledge, resources, experience and geographical capabilities offer our clients seamless building valuation services, not only at a regional and national level but throughout the world. We are superbly qualified to carry out large, complex assignments of all kinds on a national and international basis.
With ten local branches in the Netherlands, Cushman & Wakefield is present in all economic centres of the Netherlands. Nine of these local branches have their own valuation teams. With the combination of local branches and a central department in Amsterdam, we offer extensive knowledge of local markets and also possess the necessary capacity and specific expertise. The Valuation & Advisory department has around 140 employees, 80 of whom are certified as Registered Valuer and 45 have also earned the title ‘Major Corporate Property’.
Expert and specialist
- Financing of existing loans and new financings. (Cushman & Wakefield is accredited for almost all banks and financial institutions)
- Providing security for existing loans or new financings under the terms of the Capital Requirements Regulation (art. 208 par 3 CRR).
- Financial reporting.
- For benchmark purposes, a valuation is used to understand the performance of a property portfolio, both on a quarterly and annual basis. (IPD, monitoring performance)
- When buying or selling a property.
- For tax purposes, an appraisal may be submitted to the Tax and Customs Administration to substantiate the fair market value of the property.
- For Valuation of Immovable Property Act (Wet Waardering Onroerende Zaken) purposes, an appraisal is used to determine the amount of the value of real estate (WOZ value) to serve as an objection to the WOZ value determined by the municipality.
We invest continually in technology and innovation, as proved by our data analysis services, with which we enable our clients to optimize their decision-making in real time anywhere in the world. In addition, our specialists possess essential market knowledge that they also actively share for market advisory services. Each valuer has his or her property specialism and is fully familiar with the specific rules and conditions of the sector or the desired purpose of the valuation. Feel free to send us a no-obligation mail for a valuation request for real estate valuation services.
The Commercial Real Estate business line has 70 valuers specialized in valuing office, retail, logistics and business space for banks, private and institutional investors, for both domestic and international parties.
The Residential business line has around 20 residential property valuers who are specialized in valuing residential property for institutional, international and private investors as well as housing associations.
The Specials business line has around 20 valuers who are mainly involved in valuing ‘special’ property or ‘special assignments’. These could include hospitality, healthcare, public sector, car parks, public and educational institutions, compulsory purchases, redevelopments, valuations under the Valuation of Immovable Property Act, reinstatement values and leasehold issues.