Cushman & Wakefield, has been shortlisted in the British LGBT Awards.
The firm’s LGBT+ network, called Unity, has been nominated in the Top 10 Network Group or Employee Resource Group (ERG) category. The winners of the awards will be announced on 29 May 2020.
Launched in 2015, the British LGBT Awards aim to shine a spotlight on role models and organisations who are working tirelessly to better the needs of LGBT+ people.
Cushman & Wakefield’s Unity group has been involved in a number of initiatives over the last year including:
- Hosting Pride roadshows across the firm’s UK offices and marching in Pride events in Birmingham and London
- Working with the charity, 17-24-30, to highlight issues around Hate Crime
- Raising £3,000 for the National AIDS Trust on World AIDS Day
- Hosting an event with network group, Trans In The City on International Trans Day of Remembrance and signing a charter to show ally ship and commitment to Trans and Non-Binary colleagues and clients
- Working with real estate networking group, Freehold to organise events to support members and create safe spaces for LGBT colleagues and allies
- Setting up a policy to support transgender colleagues
- The consultation of a new parental policy which included same sex mixed sex parents
Mark Povey of Unity and a Surveyor in Cushman & Wakefield’s Global Occupier Services team, said:
“We’re delighted that all the hard work of everyone involved in Unity has been recognised at this level. Having been part of the network since its inception, I’ve seen it grow and develop over the last few years. Thanks to everyone who has been involved and the support of Cushman & Wakefield which has enabled us to increase LGBT+ visibility within the company and in the wider property industry.”