Senior Vice President, Thalhimer • United States of America
ALC, CCIM, SIOR •
Bill began work in commercial industrial real estate with Cushman & Wakefield in the San Francisco Bay area in 1985 after leaving the U.S. Navy, where he served as an officer and a fighter pilot. Bill relocated to Hampton Roads in 2003. He is active in the sales and leasing of industrial properties throughout Hampton Roads.
Bill serves as the co-lead for the Cushman & Wakefield Ports and Intermodal Advisory Group. He has specialized experience in port/rail served/supply chain related properties and waterfront facilities. He has sales and leasing experience across the United States. He has worked with national and multi-national firms such as Skanska, Carmeuse, Imerys Aluminates, Archer Daniels Midland, Norfolk Southern Railroad, UPS, Kinder Morgan, Weyerhaeuser, and Mastec Utilities, in the acquisition/disposition of sites and facilities. He has served on a consulting basis for government entities and companies such as the State of Virginia, City of Chesapeake, the Port of Philadelphia, CSX Rail, and Bauer Compressor.
Bill serves on the advisory Board of the Old Dominion University/Center for Real Estate and Economic Development (ODU/CREED) and for many years has authored the annual Hampton Roads Industrial Market Review. Bill is also an active member of the Virginia Ship Repair Association (www.vashiprepair.org) and the Virginia Maritime Association (www.vamaritime.com).
• Currently marketing two industrial mega parks: 1,068 acres and 2,622 acres, Central Florida
• Currently represent a developer for LNG export and refinery in the acquisition of 500+ acre site, Gulf Coast
• Currently representing a manufacturer in site search for 50 acres: Eastern Seaboard
• Currently marketing a 123 acre, 1.2 million square foot deep water terminal, rail served, Eastern Seaboard
• Represented Seller: disposition of a 300+ acre, rail served industrial park, Eastern Seaboard, Virginia
• Represented Seller: disposition of a 62 acre waterfront/rail served chemical compounding site, Mid-Atlantic
• Represented Tenant: acquisition of 407,000 square foot distribution facility, Mid-Atlantic
• Represented Seller: disposition of a 90 acre precast concrete site, Eastern Seaboard
• U.S. Navy Flight School Graduate
• U.S. Naval Academy
• CSCMP Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals
• ALC Accredited Land Consultant
• CCIM Certified Commercial Investment Member
• SIOR Society of Office and Industrial Realtors