National Director, Head of Retail Investments, ANZ • Australia
As Head of Retail Investments at Cushman & Wakefield Australia and New Zealand, Nicholas is responsible for managing the Retail Investments team and brokering retail investment sales. He also provides investment advice to financial institutions, listed property trusts, and offshore investors.
Nicholas has worked in the real estate sector for over 16 years and possesses extensive experience in property and capital markets. Before joining Cushman & Wakefield, he founded Pi Capital Partners in 2010, working with institutional clients and in several sovereign wealth funds across Asia.
In addition to his responsibilities with the Retail Investments team, Nicholas also works closely with the Capital Markets team and key clients in equity and debt structuring, as well as in broking.
Education, Memberships & Awards
- Bachelor of Property Economics - University of Technology Sydney
- Associate of the Australian Property Institute - API
- Unrestricted Valuation License
- Investment Management Certificate - CFA Society of the UK
- Member of the Real Estate Institute of NSW
- Licensed Real Estate Agent
- Cushman & Wakefield Australian Deal of the year 2014
- Sale of Woolworths Eastern Creek Data Centre and est. of Service Level Agreements to DCI Datacentres (Blackstone) $74 million.
- Brokered the East Village Shopping Centre joint venture between Mirvac and Payce valued at $155 million (Underlying JV ~$310 million)
- Brokered the Mezzanine finance ($35 million) for the delivery of York and George development with underlying value in excess of $200 million between Fife Capital, ARA Australia and Winton Partners.
- Brokered a portfolio of six (6) Woolworths anchored neighborhood centres valued at $153 million.
- Established the FTSEpx Fund the first Investable Property Index (non REIT)
- Traded >30 indirect Investments in the UK secondary market with an underlying exposure of >£14bn
- Managed the outperformance of WCPF by 500bps throughout the market correction of 2007-2009
- Brokered and structured a JV with Private Equity Investors for the extension of the economic life of the OEIC of WCPF
- Developed the Herron Todd White Valuation Model (Static and DCF models) used by 800 valuers nationally
- Valued in excess of $40 billion of Shopping Centres