Senior Managing Director • United States
MRICS, SR/WA, CRE •
Anthony Alderman, MRICS is a Senior Managing Director within the Valuation & Advisory service line at Cushman & Wakefield. He leads the Infrastructure Practice Group, which provides eminent domain and right of way valuations among other services. The group has extensive experience in assisting property owners, financial institutions, and government agencies via accurate and objective appraisals.
Anthony is the former founder and CEO of North by Northwest Consulting, established in 2013 and acquired by Cushman & Wakefield in 2022. He is a right of way and eminent domain expert and has completed more than 500 appraisals for right of way projects, reviewed more than 2000 right of way appraisals and negotiated contracts with right of way consultants and engineering firms. Projects have involved: natural gas, sewer, utility easements, water damage, proximity damage, bridge projects, road widening, intersection projects and multiple highway easements. Located in Hickory, NC, he is pre-qualified with NCDOT, SCDOT, TDOT and VDOT. He has also been an expert witness for litigation for highway, natural gas and convenience stores.
Anthony has more than 12 years of real estate experience and has contributed to the success of The Palmer Company, Inc. and John Bosworth & Associates in addition to his work at North by Northwest Consulting. Other appraisal experience includes gas stations, subdivision analysis, retail development, land valuations and banks.
Major Right of Way Projects
- NCDOT U-5713/ R-5777, Craven County Project with 200 parcel reports
- NCDOT I-3819B, Iredell County with 52 parcel reports
- NCDOT R-5014, Dare County with 107 parcel reports
- NCDOT 1-5507, Mecklenburg County (485 Loop) with 71 parcel reports
- NCDOT R-3833C, Iredell County with 90 parcel reports
- NCDOT R-4705, Marin County with 91 parcel reports
- Master of Arts and Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, Appalachian State University
- Member, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- President, Chapter 31 International Right of Way Association, 2018-2019
- Courses in appraiser review for eminent domain, right of way acquisition for pipeline projects; easement valuation
- Practicing Affiliate, Appraisal Institute
- Courses in real estate finance statistics and valuation modelling; general appraiser sales comparison approach; site valuation and cost approach; report writing and case studies; apartment appraisal; concepts and application; eminent domain and condemnation; 7-hour National USPAP equivalent (2011)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- North Carolina – A7611
- South Carolina – 7071
- Tennessee – 5157
- Commonwealth of Virginia – 4001017143