Executive Director • United States
Ms. Sahlins is an Executive Director in the Hospitality & Gaming practice of Cushman & Wakefield where she provides appraisal and consulting services for hotels and casinos. Ms. Sahlins specializes in the analysis of complex hospitality assets including new development, shared-ownership, and gaming properties. With over 25 years of experience, Ms. Sahlins has appraised thousands of hotel and gaming properties.
A seasoned appraiser and consultant, Ms. Sahlins has performed valuations and market and feasibility studies of hotel and gaming properties throughout the United States. Previously a Managing Director of HVS in the San Francisco Office and a Senior Review Appraiser at Bank of America, Ms. Sahlins began her hotel real estate career in acquisitions at VMS Realty in Chicago.
Ms. Sahlins’ appraisal and consulting projects span all types of hospitality and casino properties including select- and full-service hotels, destination resorts, and gaming properties. She performs assignments for lenders, developers, attorneys, management companies, and owners relating to financing, feasibility, and other real estate issues. Ms. Sahlins is a regular presenter at real estate conferences in California. The author of numerous articles relating to hotel and gaming real estate, she prepared the Hotel Development Cost survey from 1997 to 2015.
- Master of Professional Studies, School of Hotel Administration Cornell University
- Bachelor Degree, Barnard College, Columbia University
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI # 359228 )
- As of the current date, Elaine Sahlins, MAI has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states
- California – License AG002987
- Appraisal Institute Service
- Board of Directors Golden Gate Branch – Northern California Chapter (present)