Executive Managing Director, Strategic Accounts and Business Development • United States
Eric B. Lewis is the President, Valuation & Advisory Americas. In this role, Eric is responsible for the overall operations of the Americas V&A group, which spans 600 professionals across 6 core services, 17 practice groups, and 70 offices. He drives the primary business objectives and activities for V&A in the Americas, including our aggressive growth and technology initiatives. In 2017, the group appraised more than 50,640 properties valued at over $1.29 trillion USD.
Eric was previously the Global Head of Hospitality & Gaming where he oversaw a team of 40+ senior valuation professionals dedicated to the hospitality industry. He has personally completed appraisal, advisory, and consulting assignments on all hospitality property types across the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean, and is a sought-after expert witness in hospitality-related litigation support cases.
Following a career as a CPA with Arthur Young & Co. in New York, Mr. Lewis entered the real estate appraisal business in 1987 with Mason-Helmstetter in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ, and in 1991, received his Masters in Real Estate Valuation from New York University. In 1992, he joined Cushman & Wakefield’s Stamford, Connecticut office, where he worked on a variety of property types and began to specialize in hotels. He moved to Cushman & Wakefield’s New York World Headquarters in 1997, where he was promoted to Americas Practice Leader for Hospitality & Gaming in 2005, and Global Head of Hospitality & Gaming in 2013.
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute – MAI (#9798)
- 2007 Person of the Year – Metropolitan New York Chapter of the Appraisal Institute
- 2004 Cushman & Wakefield – New York Area VAS – Silver Production Award
- 2003 Leading Valuation Services Professional in the Firm
- 2002 Cushman & Wakefield – New York Area VAS – Silver Production Award
- 2001 Cushman & Wakefield – New York Area VAS – Gold Production Award
- 2000 Cushman & Wakefield – New York Area VAS – Silver Production Award
- 1999 Cushman & Wakefield – New York Area VAS – Bronze Production Award
- 1999 – James F. Ryan Humanitarian Award