Sr. Director • United States
With over 40 years of commercial real estate experience, Gary Griff specializes in investment sales and mortgage banking and has handled projects all over the United States. Gary has successfully closed real estate transactions with a combined value in excess of $4 billion. He began his career with Cushman & Wakefield in June of 1995 as Director of the Capital Markets Group and has since overseen more than $1.6 billion in transactions.
Gary began his real estate career in 1977 with Wallace Moir Investment Company, a billion dollar commercial real estate and mortgage banking firm, and remained there until 1993. During his tenure with Wallace Moir, he was named Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer and oversaw a multi-billion dollar investment portfolio. In 1993, Gary moved to Portland, Oregon and served as the Chief Financial Officer for Randall Realty Corporation. During that time, he refinanced and recapitalized over $120 million in debt on their 10,000-unit, multi-family portfolio.
Gary has a B.S. in Finance from the University of Southern California.
Awards & Associations
- Top Five Producer (2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015)
- Top producing broker for Cushman & Wakefield in the entire Pacific Northwest (2005, 2006 and 2007)
- Awarded the SIOR Investment Transaction of the Year (1998 and 2004)
Gary’s significant transaction experience is extensive and includes projects such as:
- $161.5 million sale of the 522,000 sf Pacwest Office Tower in Portland
- 620,000 sf CBD office property for $83 million in Chicago
- 400,000 sf mixed use building for $42 million in Los Angeles
- 1,780 unit apartment buildings for $72 million in Portland and Seattle
- 352-unit multifamily development in Portland for $95,500M
- 720,000 sf corporate office facility in Vancouver, WA for $55M
- $45M sale of a 184-acre residential development site in Happy Valley, OR
The Portland Capital Markets Team is a fully integrated group within Cushman & Wakefield’s Portland office that focuses 100% of its time representing investors and businesses in the purchase and sale of commercial real estate across all product types. Whether you have a one million or one hundred million dollar property, each client receives the same quality of service and rigorous focus on results.
- J.P. Morgan
- Hewlett Packard
- Bank of America
- Oregon Health & Science University
- Goldman Sachs