Managing Principal • United States
Gib Kerr serves as the Managing Principal for Cushman & Wakefield’s Kansas City office.
In this role, Gib has oversight of over 100 professionals and all aspects of the firm’s business in the Kansas City market. His responsibilities include leading strategic growth and business development efforts, while overseeing the firm’s various service lines, including agency leasing, tenant representation, capital markets, asset services, valuation and advisory, and project and development services.
In addition to serving as Managing Principal, Gib leads the capital markets team in Kansas City specializing in investment property sales and urban development. Over the last ten years, Gib has brokered over $1 billion worth of new development projects in downtown Kansas City.
Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, Gib served as managing principal of Sperry Van Ness in Kansas City and as vice president of Tower Properties. Previously, Gib was a principal of Colliers Turley Martin/Kerr & Company and worked as an asset manager with Wachovia Bank in North Carolina overseeing a national portfolio of office and investment properties.
- Bluescope HQ, 156,000 SF, $30 million office building
- “Flashcube” Building, 210,000 SF, $45 million historic redevelopment
- Berkley Riverfront, multiple development projects valued at over $200 million
- Power & Light Building: 285,000 SF, $67 million historic redevelopment
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Kansas City CCIM Chapter, Past President
- Licensed Real Estate Person, Kansas and Missouri
- Urban Hero, Downtown Council, 2008
- Commercial Realtor of the Year, Kansas City, 2007
- 40 Under Forty, Ingram’s Business Magazine, 2000
- Downtown Council, Vice Chair
- Kansas City Area Development Council (KCADC), Board Member
- Founder and past president of the Downtowners, a leading civic group in Kansas City’s urban core
- Past president of the Commercial Division of the Kansas City Regional Association
- Past chairman of the board for Children’s TLC (now Ability KC), a leading provider of educational and therapeutic services to developmentally disabled children in Kansas City.
- University of Virginia, Master’s degree in Business Administration with emphasis in real estate & finance
- Washington & Lee University, B.A. degree