Sr. Director • United States
Mr. Underhill joined Cushman & Wakefield in 2017, yet has over 30 years of experience in the appraisal of a wide variety of property types. These include single-family, two- to four-family and condominium residential units, office buildings, retail buildings and shopping centers, condominium/ PUD projects, apartments, hotels and motels, vacant tracts of land and subdivisions, commercial and industrial properties and special use facilities.
Special purpose assignments have included convenience stores with gas, student housing, self-storage facilities, bowling centers, marinas, restaurants, regional shopping malls, nursing homes, low income housing tax credit studies, automobile dealerships, and resorts.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Texas at Austin
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI #10560). As of the current date, Jim Underhill, MAI, has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.
- Member, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS #1294942)
- President – North Texas Chapter of the Appraisal Institute – 2010. Board of Directors (2004 – 2011), Officer (2007 – 2011); Education Committee, Member and Past Chair (2001 – 2019); Programs Chair (2008 – 2009); Symposium Chair (2009 – 2011). Volunteer of Distinction Award/Appraisal Institute (2013). Volunteer of the Year Award/North Texas Chapter (2017)
- Other AI Service – Region VIII – Regional Representative (2009 – 2019); Chair, Leadership Development (2013 – 2014). National Government Relations Committee (2015 – 2016)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- Texas - TX-1322049
- Oklahoma - 11769CGA