Vice Chair • United States
John Boyle is Vice Chair of Cushman & Wakefield, one of the largest commercial real estate services firms in the world. A nationally recognized industry leader in the field of tenant representation, John oversees tenant representation for Greater Boston and sits on the firm’s Global Advisory Board. In 2017, John was recognized by Cushman & Wakefield’s Tenant Advisory Group (TAG) with the company’s inaugural “Outstanding Achievement” award for his “extraordinary contributions to his clients’ success and his effort with his community and his colleagues.”
With over 34 years of commercial real estate experience, John has been involved in thousands of transactions with an aggregate value in the billions. John has had significant focus in the area of global, multi-market, portfolio-wide representation, having completed transactions in most major US cities and with significant experience executing leases in India, China, Europe and other international markets.
In 2016, John was a top 10 producer globally for Cushman & Wakefield. John has also received the Commercial Brokers Association of Massachusetts (CBA) Broker of the Year “McCall Leadership Award,” an honor one can receive only once in a career, for demonstrating “the highest level of ethical standards and a career as an industry leader.” Additionally, John received CoreNet New England’s Global Service Producer Award, the highest honor a tenant advisor can receive in New England. John was elected President of the CBA, part of the oldest real estate association in the US, founded 1886, in 2012. No other broker has received all three of these distinct honors.
Prior to Cushman & Wakefield (formerly DTZ), John was a Principal with Cassidy Turley, prior to that, a founding Partner with FHO Partners and a Principal of Trammell Crow Company.
Bates College, 1986
- Commercial Brokers Association of Massachusetts (CBA), Deal of the Year, Verizon, 455,000 SF, Hub on Causeway, Boston 2018
- Cushman & Wakefield’s Global Tenant Advisory Group (TAG), “Outstanding Achievement” Award, 2017
- Cushman & Wakefield, “Top Ten” Producer Globally Recognition, 2016
- CBA, “Deal of the Year” Award - Kronos, 505,000 SF, Lowell, MA - 2016
- CBA, “Deal of the Year” Award - Wolverine Worldwide, 185,000 SF, Waltham, MA – 2015
- Commercial Brokers Association of Massachusetts (CBA), Broker of the Year “Leadership” Award, 2010
- Corenet, “Global Service Provider of the Year” Award, New England Region, 2010
- D CEO Magazine, “Dallas Headquarters Deal of the Year” Award - Epsilon, 250,000 SF - 2013
- CBA, Elected President of the Association, 2012
- CBA, “Downtown Deal of the Year” Award - Brightcove, 82,000 SF, Boston, MA - 2012
- CBA, “Suburban Deal of the Year” - IBM, 200,000 SF, three building campus lease in Lexington, MA
- Cushman & Wakefield, “Top Producer” National Recognition, all years with firm
- Trammell Crow Company, “Top Producer”, top 40 producer nationally of 800 brokers for all eight years with the firm, 1998-2006
- Analog Devices
- Aspen Technology
- BMC Software
- Pathfinder International
- Rocket Software
- Wilson Sonsini
- Wolverine Worldwide
Community is very important to John. He is committed to helping the lives of at-risk youth in our City and was the recipient of the “Spirit of Community Award” from the North American Family Institute (NAFI). His community service includes: Robert F. Kennedy Children’s Action Corporation; Board of Trustees, The Walker School, Needham Former Board Member; Founding Member & Board of Directors of The Nativity Prep School, Roxbury, MA; Board Member YouthLink, Boston, Former Board of Directors, BayCove.
Past President and Board Member of The Commercial Brokers Association of Massachusetts, Licensed Massachusetts Real Estate Broker, CoreNet Member, NAIOP