Senior Director • United States
Ms. Downing is a Senior Director with Cushman & Wakefield’s Valuation & Advisory office located in Fairhope, Alabama. She joined the Valuation & Advisory group in 2019 having over 30 years of experience as a real estate appraiser.
Ms. Downing has a BA degree in economics from the University of Virginia and an MBA degree from Vanderbilt University. She began her career as a real estate appraiser in her hometown of Mobile, Alabama with the real estate appraisal firm, Gaylord C. Lyon & Co., Inc. where she acquired experience appraising broad range of real estate property types. She was a commercial appraiser at Gaylord C. Lyon & Co., Inc. during 1984 to 2019 and served as President of the firm 2009 to 2019. Her responsibilities included appraising commercial, retail, office, industrial, and special purpose properties in the Mobile market and in other southeastern U.S. cities, as well as managing the firm’s commercial appraisal division. Ms. Downing has appraised a wide variety of commercial and industrial properties including retail, neighborhood and community shopping centers, office buildings, branch banks, medical offices, institutional, industrial facilities (warehouse, distribution, manufacturing), land, waterfront industrial and port-related properties, auto dealerships, restaurants, apartments, residential subdivisions, marinas, and other special purpose properties.
- Bachelor of Arts with Distinction – Economics – University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Master of Business Administration – Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute. As of the current date, Madeleine L. Downing, MAI, has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute
- Member Mobile Commercial Real Estate Exchange Club
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- Alabama – G00133