Morgan Relyea Colt
Executive Managing Director • United States
BROKER VALUE IN ACTION
How do you create value for your clients?
I create value for my clients through my direct access to a network of Cushman & Wakefield experts and other industry professionals and resources. While working quickly is important, the most advantageous transactions for my clients are brought about by my attention to every painstaking detail. Through this approach, I strive to be persistent, responsive and detail oriented.
What innovative trends across Workplace and PropTech are you leveraging in your market or sector to help keep your clients competitive?
Trending across workplace strategy is the effort to identify how clients can occupy their space to maximize dual and staggered usage, while promoting a purposeful work culture.
If you had a lens into the future, where do you think Occupiers will be most focused in 2025?
Occupiers will always be focused on efficiency. However, beyond just seeking an "efficient layout," they will make more decisions based on data and how to implement multipurpose spaces within their premises. Office space and its use will continue to evolve through 2025, and Cushman & Wakefield will stay at the forefront of these trends.
Morgan Relyea Colt represents tenants in the acquisition and disposition of office space. Taking into consideration her clients’ long- and short-term objectives, with proper attention to “exit strategy,” she develops strategic plans based on current and future market conditions, identifying cost savings and flexibility using qualitative site analysis, detailed financial analyses, and maximizing negotiation leverage. Ms. Colt specializes in transactions that include leases, expansions, renewals/extensions, subleasing, build-to-suits, sales and sale/leasebacks.
Ms. Colt has nine years of tenant representation experience at Cushman & Wakefield, where she initially began working in its Client Services Group, surveying markets and space opportunities for clients, which allowed her the opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of the Houston office space market. She transitioned into brokerage and quickly worked her way up to Executive Managing Director applying her extensive marketing, research expertise and tactical negotiating skills to assist her clients in making informed and objective decisions on their office space needs.
- 2020 Business Insider “Rising Star of Real Estate”
- Connect CRE’s 2019 “Next Generation Award”
- 2017, 2018, 2019 Co-Star “Power Broker Power Award”
- 2018 HBJ Heavy Hitter – Office Tenant
- 2017 Cushman & Wakefield “Top 100 Producer” firm wide
- 2016 HBJ Women Who Mean Business – “Women to Watch Award”
- 2015 NAIOP “Office Rising Star Award”
- Licensed real estate salesperson in the State of Texas
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
- Shell Oil Company
- Targa Resources
- Texas ENT Specialists
- Winstead, PC
- Current Executive Board Member – Neeley Center for Real Estate at Texas Christian University (TCU)
- Co-Founder, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Co-Chair, and Executive Committee, of The Barbara Bush Houston Literacy Foundation Young Professionals Group
- Community activities include: Yellowstone Academy (including shepherding an individual student), a school for low-income children growing up in difficult family circumstances where 80% of the students live in poverty; Texas Children’s Hospital; and Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- Selected by Cushman & Wakefield Management to ring the bell at the New York Stock Exchange when the firm became public (2019)
- Selected by Cushman & Wakefield Management for the 2019 What’s Next global campaign
- Since 2017, youngest member of Cushman & Wakefield’s Global Advisory Board (GAB)
- 2016-2018 National Chair – Cushman & Wakefield’s Future Leaders’ (CWFL), managing 1,000 young professionals nationally, including the Executive Committee of CWFL
- Steering Committee Leader and Houston Representative for Cushman & Wakefield’s Future Leaders (CWFL) Program
- Active member of the Houston Chapter of the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Former Co-Chair of Mentoring and Training on the Executive Committee of Tenant Advisory Group (TAG) (2015-2018)
- Houston Ambassador and active member of TAG
- Former Leader of TAG Internal Social Media board globally (2017-2018)
- Former Executive Committee member of both the Development of Distinction Awards Program and the Membership Committee for the Houston Chapter of the Urban Land Institute (ULI) (2013-2017)
For Lease • Office
1500 Post Oak Boulevard, #2000
Houston, TX 77056