Scott F. Biethan, MAI, CRE FRICS
Senior Managing Director • United States
Mr. Biethan has a degree from Michigan State University in Hotel and Restaurant Administration. While in college, Mr. Biethan participated in a six-month work internship at the Jerusalem Hilton Hotel. Before during and after college he worked in hospitality related positions in the US, as well as internationally. After College, Mr. Biethan completed a comprehensive internship in San Francisco with a national hotel ownership and operating company. He later joined Pannell Kerr Forster CPAs working in the hotel consulting division. He worked in Los Angeles and then later in Seattle, performing assignments throughout the US as well as in Europe. In 1986, Mr. Biethan joined Cushman and Wakefield as a real estate appraiser and consultant, specializing in hotels. During this time, he began working on all other commercial and multi-family property types, eventually becoming a company officer and then taking over practice management of the Seattle Valuation Division in 1997.
In 2005, Mr. Biethan moved to CBRE as a Senior Managing Director overseeing the Pacific Northwest Valuation Services Group. In addition to his duties overseeing the Pacific Northwest Valuation Services Group, he was also in national leadership of the CBRE Hotels Valuation group. While at CBRE, Mr. Biethan performed assignments widely throughout the Puget Sound area, and in addition performed assignments throughout the Americas, Asia, and in Europe. Mr. Biethan is currently a Senior Managing Director in the Seattle office of Cushman and Wakefield.
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute. As of the current date, Scott Biethan MAI has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute
- Counselors of Real Estate (CRE)
- Fellow in RICS (FRICS)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- Alaska – License number APRG 430
- Idaho - License number CGA - 1048
- Oregon-License number C000727
- Washington-License Number 1100901
- Mr. Biethan graduated from Michigan State University with a degree in Hotel and Restaurant Administration.