Vice Chairman • United States
Scott Wegmann is Vice Chairman and Managing Principal in the Houston office of Cushman & Wakefield of Texas, Inc. He was formerly Executive Vice President and Co-Managing Director at Cushman Realty Corporation, having joined the firm in 1982. Cushman Realty merged with Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. in 2001.
Mr. Wegmann specializes in tenant/user representation. He has represented numerous companies in Houston and across the country for more than 38 years. He has completed transactions in more than 75 cities in the U.S. and in Asia, Europe, Australia, Canada and South America totaling more than 20 million square feet. Mr. Wegmann successfully negotiates office building relocations, renewals, expansions, purchases, sales, sale leasebacks and build-to-suit ventures, in addition to various land sales/purchases for numerous corporate clients and has represented clients in over 50 transactions which are in excess of 100,000 square feet.
- Legacy Award, “The Deals that Make a Difference”, awarded by E&Y/Kenneth Leventhal Real Estate Group in 1991 and 1997 for the representation of Apache Corporation in its 223,000 square foot corporate headquarters relocation to Houston and Continental Airlines, Inc. in its Houston corporate headquarters relocation / consolidation, respectively.The Continental Airlines transaction for 608,000 square feet in the CBD was the largest lease executed in Houston in 1997 and the second largest nationwide.
- Dallas Business Journal recognized Mr. Wegmann’s representation of Sprint Communications Company in the Dallas area totaling approximately 180,000 and 125,000 square feet as the second and fifth largest office lease transactions in the Dallas area in 1994.
- “Deal Maker of the Year” – Heitman Properties, 1995
- Featured among 20 brokers nationwide in Commercial Property News’ “Hot Brokers” section, 1996
- “Superstar Office Leasing Broker” (among 27 brokers recognized nationwide) - Real Estate Forum,
- “Most Valuable Player” in citywide office brokerage - Houston Business Journal, 2004 and 2005
- Houston Business Journal “Heavy Hitters”, 2012, 2014 and 2015
- Landmark Award for “Project Sale” category for the sale/leaseback of the BMC Software headquarters –Houston Business Journal, 2006
- “Office Broker of the Year” – NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association, 1997 and 2005 (an award based on professionalism, production, integrity and community involvement)
- Served as Co-President and Director of The Children’s Fund, Inc.
- Served as Treasurer and member of the Finance Committee and Director on the Foundation Board for St. Luke’s Methodist Church
- Past Member of the Board and served as President of Tanglewood Homes Association
- Past Member of the Board of Trustees of Episcopal High School
- Member of the Board of Directors and Chairman of Boys and Girls Country, Inc.
- Member of the University of Mississippi Alumni Hall of Fame and School of Business Administration Real Estate Board
- Served as Vice President and Director of Houston Office Leasing Brokers Association, Inc. (HOLBA)
- Member of the Advisory Board of Amegy Bank of Texas
BBA from the University of Mississippi
For Lease • Office
1301 McKinney, #2300
Houston, TX 77010