Whitney Kerr Sr.
Sr. Director • United States
Whitney Kerr Sr. has been active in the commercial, industrial and land brokerage business as a broker and developer since 1958. In the 1970s, Whitney brokered the land for 11 office park developments in the I-435/ College Boulevard corridor. The largest was the 293-acre Corporate Woods Office Park, and he was one of the original owner-developers. In the 1980s, Whitney assembled 23 acres of land in downtown Kansas City in a partnership with H. Ross Perot Jr., and was very instrumental in the subsequent expansion of Bartle Hall over the downtown freeway onto the 23 acres. Whitney recently completed the 350 acre land assemblage for Oxford on the Blue. He was also involved in negotiating the sale of 85 acres of the Cerner Innovative Campus at 87th Street and Interstate 35 in Kansas City, Missouri.
American Century Investors, AMC Theaters, Hallmark Cards, Marned Corp., Metropolitan Life Insurance Co., Guardian Life Insurance Co., H. Ross Perot Jr. - Hillwood Development Co., McCray Lumber Co., Tax Increment Financing Commission of Kansas City, MO, James E. Stowers III, Specialty Restaurants Corp.
• H&R Block Headquarters and & KC Live Complex, 7 block Land assemblage in Downtown Kansas City.
• Blue River Glade Office Park, 87th St. & Bruce Watkins Parkway, Kansas City, MO, Land development of 350 acres for James E Stowers III.
•Leawood Town Center, 117th & Nall, and Park Place, Leawood, KS, Land development of 160 acres • Kauffman Foundation, Performing Arts Center, Downtown Kansas City, Sale of 18 acres.
• KC Sporting Headquarters - 15th & Baltimore.
• American Society of Real Estate Counselors (CRE)
• Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
• Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
• Missouri Bar Association
• Urban Land Institute (ULI)
• Licensed Real Estate Broker, Kansas and Missouri
• St. Luke’s Hospital, Director and Member of Executive Committee (1965-2015)
• Missouri Valley College, Former President of Board of Trustees
• K.C. Museum of Science & History President of Board of Trustees (1979- 1981)
• City Planning Commission of Kansas City Chairman (1991-1998)
• St. Luke’s Hospital Foundation, Chairman of Westport Today LLC
• Missouri State Parks Foundation, President • The Nature Conservancy (Missouri), Trustee
• Princeton University, B.S. degree
• University of Missouri-Kansas City, Law degree
• Missouri Valley College, Honorary Doctorate, Humanities