When properly developed, strategy sets enterprise objectives, reveals the actions required to achieve those objective, and teams employees and resources with those actions. In most industries, a core challenge is aligning the long-term nature of real estate assets with the short-term nature of business events. A real estate strategy is essential for getting this right. Our Strategic Consulting team has a proven process to create a carefully developed real estate strategy that makes meaningful contributions to top corporate concerns including human capital, operational excellence, innovation, customer relationships, corporate brand and sustainability.
Why a Real Estate Strategy is Essential for Success
- Transform real estate from an inhibitor of change into a driver of growth.
- Enable a quicker decision-making process that incorporates established company strategy in real estate decisions.
- Reduce real estate cost and prevent poor space utilization by evaluating ongoing business unit requests against the strategy.
- Expedite comprehensive planning of financial expenditures by location and department.
- Optimize the performance of each facility against stated company space utilization, business enablement or revenue goals.
- Improve talent attraction and retention through a strategy-led workplace that encourages employee wellness, enables collaboration and promotes company brand.
- Promote regular realignment of the real estate portfolio during contractual lease renewals and resizing opportunities.
- Improve flexibility in the real estate portfolio to meet the occasional bumps in the road.
- Enhance risk mitigation through thoughtful capital placement on justifiable matters.