Executive Vice Chair • United States
Andrew J. Merin, an Executive Vice Chairman at Cushman & Wakefield, heads the Investment Sales Group of the firm’s East Rutherford, New Jersey office. He has served as a member of the firm’s Board of Directors and as a member of the Audit Committee. Andy joined Cushman & Wakefield in 1983, and subsequently joined the Investment Sales Group in 1987 after a 17-year career as an office leasing transaction specialist.
Throughout his career with Cushman & Wakefield, Andy has consistently been among the top two or three percent of all brokers for production. Over the past three decades, he has been involved in more than $34.2 billion of property sales including $18.1 billion of office transactions, $2.8 billion of retail sales, over $4.5 billion of industrial property sales and $3.0 billion of multi-family property. Andy and his team have also completed 35 million square feet of corporate dispositions totaling over $5.4 billion nationwide.
Prior to joining C&W, Andy was a Principal and Executive Vice President for eight years with Baker Merin Associates, Inc. Before forming Baker Merin Associates, Andy was a Vice President and Co-Branch Manager for Sutton and Towne’s New Jersey branch office (predecessor to CBRE’s New York operation).
- Cushman & Wakefield’s “Leading Investment Sales Brokerage Professional”, 1994-1998, 2002, 2003, and 2009
- Cushman & Wakefield’s New York Area “Top Investment Sales Producer”, 1993-1998, 2002-2003, 2006, and 2009, 2014
- “Leone J. Peters Award” naming him Cushman & Wakefield’s Leading Brokerage Professional, 1997
- Cushman & Wakefield’s “National Quality Service Award”, 2001
- New Jersey NAIOP “Creative Deal of the Year”, 7x
- Westchester NAIOP “Creative Deal of the Year”, 2006
- NAIOP “Impact Award”, 2012
- NAIOP “Hall of Fame” – 2017
- NAIOP “Life Time Achievement” – 2019
Andy graduated from Bucknell University.
For a number of years, Andy fulfilled the role of vice chairman for Murray and Lee Kushner’s “Musical Moment for MS”. In 2004, the Hebrew Academy for Special Children bestowed its Humanitarian Award on Andy and his wife. He also serves on the board of the Arthur Zimtbaum Foundation, which annually allocates substantial contributions to a variety of charities. At his alma mater, Bucknell University, Andy established a full scholarship program in both his father’s and mother’s name and consistently mentors students and graduates, several of whom he has employed as interns. Currently, he is Chairman of the Bucknell Real Estate Advisory Board. He also established a fund to support the faculty at Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts. Andy and his wife were Honorees of the Scleroderma Research Foundation in 2017