Sr. Director, Project & Development Services • United States
Ken heads the Project and Development Services team in the Philadelphia Mid-Atlantic region including Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware as Senior Director. Ken has over 25 years of Commercial Construction and Project Management experience including Healthcare, Life-Science, Higher-Education, Office and raw-land development.
Most recently, Ken was part of the project team that developed the massive 1.5 million-square-foot, 17-story, 504 patient room, 47 operating room, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania Pavilion. His vantage points of having a role within a large healthcare system provides unique perspective to clients for the collaborative planning process, design management, stake-holder prioritization and technology integration required for a project of this scale. Other projects include the conversion of a 110 thousand square foot industrial warehouse into a state-of-the-art central sterilization facility for surgical instruments, and creation of an ‘Urgent-Care’ regional deployment strategy also for Penn Medicine.
Ken has previously been Development Manager for Jones Lang LaSalle, representing investors, tenants and building owners on fit-out projects for a major health insurer and raw land development of a ‘Lifestyle’ Center for an institutional investor.
Since 2015, Ken has been Board member and Treasurer for The Achievement Foundation, a non-profit 501C3 organization engaged in funding and supporting STEM and other educational programs that introduce high-school aged African-American males to science and technology and develop life skills that track them towards college entrance and completion.
- Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce
- Urban Land Institute
- Master of Science, Civil Engineering, Temple University
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering Technology, Spring Garden College
- Certificate, Systems Engineering, George Washington University
- Certified, Six-Sigma-Greenbelt-Client Driven Value
- Penn Medicine – Penn First Pavilion | Philadelphia, PA – 1.5 M SF
- Penn Medicine – ISC (Interventional Sterilization Center) | Philadelphia, PA – 100k SF
- NorthWestern Mutual Investments – Village at Valley Forge-LifeStyle Center | King of Prussia, PA – 135 acres