Vice Chair • United States
Mike Mele, Vice Chairman, leads Cushman & Wakefield’s national Self-Storage Advisory Group, which represents clients ranging from private investors to large-scale REITs in the development, expansion, consolidation, acquisition and disposition of self-storage assets.
Mr. Mele began his career in self-storage investment sales in 1999 at Marcus & Millichap. He went on to build an industry leading team, which he brought to Cushman & Wakefield in 2019.
Based in Tampa, the 16-member, multi-market team has closed more than 350 self-storage transactions totaling more than $3.5 billion. In 2018 alone, the team closed 48 deals for 63 total properties in 16 states.
With two decades of experience as a self-storage advisor, Mr. Mele’s expertise and vast contributions to the industry have made him a key advisor in the self-storage market. He is consistently recognized by industry organizations as well as national and trade publications for his critical leadership, expertise and knowledge of the self-storage industry.
- Chairman’s Circle of Excellence Award, Marcus & Millichap
- Chairman’s Club Award, Marcus & Millichap
- Top 5 Self-Storage Sales Broker, Marcus & Millichap – 1999 - 2000, 2002 - 2012, 2014 - 2018
- National Achievement Award, Marcus & Millichap – 2003 - 2008, 2010 - 2018.
- 13-time No.1 Broker in Marcus & Millichap's Tampa Office