Partner, Head of Hospitality CEE • Czechia
David Nath, Partner and Head of Central & Eastern European Hospitality Team at Cushman & Wakefield, joined the company in 2015, and is based in Prague, Czech Republic.
He has more than 17 years’ worth of experience with hospitality real estate. David leads a team of experts and consultants focusing on hospitality investments, hotel valuation, operator selection and advisory on hotel development. He overlooks the Hospitality business in Southern & Eastern Europe as well.
Before joining Cushman & Wakefield, David worked in conducting position of alternative investment vehicles such as Keystone Hospitality Fund in Luxembourg. Prior to that David also worked more than 7 years in leading managerial position of international private equity investment company focusing on hotel developments and operations in Europe.
- Development Experience – David led and organized several successful hotel developments across the CEE region and was directly responsible for delivering hotels from Economy to Luxury segment. In his past career he successfully developed and opened more than one thousand hotel rooms.
- Investment Advisory – David personally advised Czech family fund R2G in acquisition of Hotel InterContinental in Prague which was also the biggest investment transaction in CEE ever. In addition since he joined Cushman & Wakefield David transacted (sell-side or buy-side) hotel assets in total value exceeding 500 mil EUR. David is personally involved in all the hotel transactions in CEE & SEE region.
- Development Advisory – David advised numerous hotel and hospitality related asset classes developers in form of Feasibility and Concept studies within CEE & SEE region and supported investors in best utilization of the build-able areas to achieve fastest return of the investments.
- Asset Management – David was involved in multiple Asset Management instructions in CEE region including upscale hotel Don Giovanni Hotel in Prague with 412 rooms. Due to his extensive hotel operation experience (more than 18 years), David is able to advise on best utilization of operating & non-operating costs and grow the GOP & EBITDA profitability of respective hotel assets.
- Operator Selection Advisory – David is leading all Operator Search Instructions in CEE & SEE region and due to his experience advising on Franchise, Management and Lease agreement structures. In 2019 CEE hospitality team is handling more than 17 Operator Search instruction across CEE & SEE region;
- Valuation – David is overlooking valuation instructions of single asset or large real-estate portfolios of asset owners and significant real-estate investors.
Awards & Associations
- Prague International University in Accounting and Finance (2011)
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) since 2015.
- Julius Meinl Living
- Starwood Capital
- CA Immo
- Penta Real Estate