Executive Managing Director • United States
Mr. Corcoran joined Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. in July 1981, as Vice President and Manager, New York Region – Appraisal Division. In November 1986 elected a Senior Vice President and became a stockholder in Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. As of January 1987, he assumed the position of National Director of the Appraisal Division. In February 1991 elected to Board of Directors and Executive Committee of Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. He served as a member of the Global Management Committee of Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. from March 2010 through December 2012.
In January 2006, Mr. Corcoran became the first Global Head of Valuation with overall responsibility for the firm’s valuation activities worldwide and served in that capacity until December 2012. Mr. Corcoran oversaw a professional staff of over 580 appraisers, including 121 MAIs, and 141 RICs operating in 99 offices in 27 countries across the globe.
Effective January 1, 2013 Mr. Corcoran returned to a senior position in the New York office focused on arbitrations, complex valuation assignments and major litigation for his Manhattan based clients.
Appraisal and consulting assignments have included all major property types throughout the United States. Qualified as an expert witness in condemnation matters in the State of New Jersey and testified in bankruptcy litigation and equity cases in the State of New York. Served as arbiter in numerous real estate matters including ground rent redetermination and space lease renewal rent determinations for office and retail space. Mr. Corcoran has been a guest speaker before real estate, banking, accounting, hospitality and pension fund advisory organizations throughout the United States and in Great Britain, Germany, Japan and Canada.
Mr. Corcoran has taught real estate appraisal and investment analysis courses at: New York University, Queens College of the City University of New York and Long Island University at C.W. Post and lectured at Yale, Columbia and New York Universities. Additionally, he has served as instructor for numerous courses offered by the Appraisal Institute.
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Marist College
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI #27174). As of the current date, Brian Corcoran, MAI has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following state:
- New York – 46000004443
- Appraisal Institute
- President, Metropolitan New York Chapter No. 4, 1996
- President, Long Island Chapter 201, 1985-86
- Member, Board of Directors, Metropolitan New York Chapter 1984 – 2009, 2013-2015
- Member, The Counselors of Real Estate (CRE Designation)
- Chairman 2007-2008 and Member, Board of Directors New York Chapter, 2003-2014
- Professional Member, National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries (NCREIF)
- Member, Valuation Committee
- Member, Pension Real Estate Association (PREA)
- Associate Member, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Member, Real Estate Board of New York, Inc. (REBNY)
- Member, Appraisal Committee
- Member, American Arbitration Association, Valuation Panel
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, State of New York
- Secretary, Executive Board, One Milbank Condominium Association 2013-2018
- Recipient of the 1991 Robert T. Lawrence Memorial Award presented by the Sales Brokers Committee of REBNY in the Most Ingenious Deal of the Year contest, which award is deemed worthy of recognition for demonstrating exceptional skill in the practice of real estate brokerage. As consultant to the Ritz Tower Hotel Corporation located on Park Avenue and 57th Street in New York City, he created a two unit condominium consisting of a residential apartment cooperative and a 40,000 square foot commercial unit located on the ground, basement, 2nd and 3rd floors, which commercial unit was sold to one of the existing commercial tenants, Mitsukoshi, USA after certain lease buyouts and restructuring of the long term ground lease