Executive Director • United States
Brian joined Cushman & Wakefield in 1992, shortly after completing his graduate degree work at Texas A&M University. For most of the first decade of his career with the firm, he specialized in retail appraisals and consulting assignments as part of Cushman & Wakefield’s National Retail Industry Group.
After several promotions, Brian relocated from Dallas to Central Texas to open the Austin office for the firm. Since starting the Austin practice, he has been added to the following Valuation & Advisory Practice Groups: Industrial, Office and Multifamily. Appraisal and consulting assignments have been completed on most types of improved property and land.
Multifamily valuation assignments have ranged from urban high-rise towers to suburban garden apartments. Industrial work has included office/warehouses, office/showrooms and manufacturing facilities. Retail assignments have included free-standing restaurants, retail stores, strip centers, community centers, power centers and regional/super regional malls. Office valuations have also been performed on a wide range of projects from multi-tenant, CBD buildings to single tenant, suburban campuses.
Additionally, Brian has also been involved with a number of hotel assignment and mixed use properties that include multiple commercial uses.
- Recipient, Valuation and Advisory Service Excellence Award, Cushman & Wakefield of Texas,
- Inc., Dallas Area, 1996, 1998
- Recipient, Top Producing Valuation Advisory Services Professional, Cushman & Wakefield of
- Texas, Inc., Dallas Area, 1998
- Recipient, Top Valuation Advisory Services Professional, Cushman & Wakefield of Texas, Inc., Dallas Area, 1999, 2001, 2004
- Master of Real Estate in Land Economics and Real Estate, Texas A&M University
- Bachelor of Science, Texas A&M University
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI #11963). As of the current date, Brian Johnson, MAI has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following state: Texas – TX1326012 G
- Member, Society of Texas A&M Real Estate Professionals