VP, Americas Head of Occupier Research • United States
David C. Smith is the Americas Head of Occupier Research. Mr. Smith produces occupier thought leadership content for the Research Center of Excellence and directs a program of market presentations, written analysis, surveys, forecasts, and data collection that supports Global Occupier Services and the brokerage business, as well as advances the strategic plan in Americas Research.
Mr. Smith previously spent over a decade at Kingsley Associates, a leading provider of research and benchmarking solutions to real estate companies around the world. In addition to providing consulting services to global real estate companies, he was also involved in several industry-wide thought leadership partnerships with BOMA and NMHC. In that role, Mr. Smith served as one of the creators of the NMHC/Kingsley Associates Apartment Renter Preferences Report.
- Author / co-author of thought-leadership deliverables pertaining to occupier trends and topics, including: coworking, employment, demographic shifts, occupier real estate strategy decision making, technology trends, real estate costs and workplace usage
- Frequent contributor to Cushman & Wakefield blog and published and/or quoted in Globe Street, Forbes, NAIOP, Bisnow, Units Magazine, and CoreNet Global
- Main stage speaker at NHMC Annual Conference and BOMA China's 1st Annual Conference
- As Vice President / COO of real estate industry’s leading provider of research and performance benchmarking solutions focused on customer (tenant / resident) satisfaction, employee engagement and client / investor perceptions, provided consulting services to global firms:
Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy, Duke University
- Founding member and elder: Village Church of East Atlanta
- Board member: Center for Christianity & Scholarship (at Duke University)