Executive Managing Director • United States
Jon Herman has been involved in the negotiation and structuring of complex lease and sales transactions for a wide range of financial, media, legal and professional service clients. He brings an in-depth knowledge of the economics of real estate transactions, drawing on his background in computer-based analysis, research, finance, and deal structuring. Mr. Herman maintains an active role in the collection, organization, and analysis of all information pertaining to each client engagement. Additionally, he is responsible for the development of strategic occupancy scenarios, financial models, and transaction structures, projecting the economic impact of pursuing various real estate strategies, as well as helping clients to gain internal consensus on real estate issues.
Prior to joining C&W’s Strategic Advisory Group, Mr. Herman spent 10 years working as part of CB Richard Ellis’ (formerly Insignia/ESG) Consulting Group in both New York and New Jersey. He has worked on an array of transactions involving lease acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings, credit lease structuring, synthetic leasing, sale-leasebacks, property acquisitions, and site repositioning.
• BBA in Organizational Behavior from the University of Michigan
• MBA in Real Estate/Finance from Columbia Business School.
• Brooklyn Nets
• Jane Street Capital
• M&T Bank
• New York Legal Assistance Group
• New York Times Company
• Oppenheimer & Co.
• Orthodox Union
• KPMG LLP (600,000 sf headquarters expansion and restructuring in Manhattan)
• Wells Fargo (500,000 sf condominium purchase in Manhattan)
• Deloitte LLP (440,000 sf headquarters consolidation in Manhattan)
• Jefferies (458,000 sf lease renewal and expansion in Manhattan)
• Saint Francis College (250,000 sf campus relocation in Brooklyn, NY)
• AlphaSights (240,000 sf headquarters relocation in Manhattan)
• Dechert (230,000 sf lease renewal in Manhattan)
• Milbank (300,000 sf lease relocation in Manhattan)
• Gartner Group (200,000 sf headquarters restructuring in Stamford, CT)
• Moelis & Co. (170,000 sf lease restructuring in Manhattan)
• UBS (140,000 sf lease restructuring in Chicago, IL)
• KPMG LLP (120,000 sf lease in Boston, MA)
• National Football League (200,000 sf headquarters relocation in Manhattan)
• Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP (125,000 sf relocation in Manhattan)
• Licensed Real Estate Salesperson in both New York and New Jersey
• Member of the Real Estate Board of New York
• Member of Columbia Business School Ambassadors Program
• Coach – New Castle Youth Basketball Association
Cushman & Wakefield 2021 – Top Revenue Producer -Strategic Advisory