Executive Vice President • United States
Peter is a Senior Managing Director in Cushman & Wakefield’s Washington, DC market, where he leads the Public Sector Advisory Services Group. In this capacity, Peter is responsible for managing multi-service line accounts for public sector entities and higher education institutions.
Prior to joining C&W, Peter was Vice President at Vornado/Charles E. Smith, where he managed all facets of developmental planning including a proposed $1.0 billion mixed use project in Arlington, VA. Prior to Vornado, Peter was Senior Vice President with the Staubach Company (now Jones Lang LaSalle) where he led assignments involving leasing, strategic planning, development management, and acquisition/disposition services on behalf of public institutions and corporations.
Peter started his CRE career with Arthur Andersen’s Real Estate Services Group. While there, he worked on a multitude of assignments for public and private sector clients including major corporations, pension funds, and banking institutions. He also spent time in Russia managing strategies for establishing a free market system of land ownership and exchange.
- General Services Administration: Management responsibility for C&W’s service delivery under the National Broker Contract. This contract provides C&W access to perform lease acquisition and construction administration services for the GSA and its wide range of Federal Agency clients across all 50 states and territories including Guam and Puerto Rico.
- State of NY: Led core team which developed a real estate strategic plan, organizational analysis and a space utilization study and is implementing a portfolio restacking/ consolidation effort which identified more than $80 million in real estate cost savings.
- Smithsonian Institute (SI): Part of project team that recommended and implemented strategy whereby SI executed a sale and partial leaseback of their owned class A Washington, DC headquarters building. Strategy created $50 million in net proceeds.
- City of Miami, FL: Worked with the City to create strategies for the James L. Knight convention center, an associated hotel ground lease, and attached 800-car parking garage. Revenue from the assets was not covering bond debt payments. Conducted extensive analysis of the assets and recommended strategies for retiring associated debt.
- Additional clients include: Fairfax County (VA), State of North Carolina, NASA, US Army Reserves, Escambia County (FL), Arlington County (VA), Frederick County Public Schools (MD)
BS in Finance, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
MS in Real Estate, Johns Hopkins University, Washington, D.C.