The Cushman & Wakefield Special Opportunities Group (SOG) is actively supporting our clients in the existing environment where working from home and travel restrictions are part of the new norm. With the passing of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, the SBA and banks across the country are injecting billions into our economy while managing the fallout in the real estate industry simultaneously. Institutions can partner with us to rapidly deploy SOG professionals to augment their SBA Lending Teams, Special Asset Departments, and Servicing Teams as we wade through these uncertain times.
With the size and scope of the CARES Act, banks have dedicated large teams of underwriters and credit officers to deploy capital, and may need to bolster their existing teams with outside resources. Cushman & Wakefield is an Active SAM-qualified vendor with over 200 credit-trained professionals working remotely, throughout the U.S., to assist in reviewing, processing, underwriting, or approving small business loan applications.
In addition, the SOG provides personnel to support standard lending operations that are now strained by the forbearance requirements of the CARES Act and massive uncertainty in the U.S. economy. Our national team provides local market resources to help our clients sustain their business initiatives, including site inspections, loan diligence, loan servicing, loan workouts and project staff augmentation.
Our recent bank assignments are a testament to the services we can provide in any situation.
- Small Business Lending Support – Perform underwriting and due diligence for CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan applications
- Diligence Platform – Manage remote loan diligence and site inspections for commercial and residential warehouse financing platforms for an international bank
- Portfolio Diligence – Perform loan data validation and develop asset summaries for large commercial GSE securitization
- Compliance and Regulatory Order – Manage regulatory file scrub to comply with the Flood Disaster Protection Act, policy and procedure rewrite for a regional bank
- Technology Implementation – Support Enterprise wide origination platform, agile story writing, feature deployment and testing for an international bank
- Departmental Transformation – Manage Servicing Department overhaul, BAU daily workflow support, new flood technology implementation for a regional bank
- Technology Implementation – Servicing system migration, faulty distribution reconciliation, daily escalation oversight for a national bank