International Partner • United Kingdom
Martin is an International Partner with joint responsibility for EMEA Out of Town Retail Agency. Based in London, Martin works jointly to lead and coordinate our dedicated EMEA Out of Town Retail Agency Group across 15 countries ensuring clients are provided with consistent and market leading advice in this specialist retail sector.
Martin has specialised in retail warehousing and foodstore development and leasing advise for over 25 years. He provides development and asset management advise on retail parks working with major landlords including Hammerson, THRE, Pradera and Land Securities. He advises major retail clients including Kingfisher, Toys R US, IKEA, Dunelm and Morrisons on their acquisition and disposal programmes.
Awards & Associations
- Development / leasing advise on over 20 retail parks in UK including Gallagher Shopping Park, Bristol, De Mandeville Gate Retail Park – Enfield
- Responsible for the UK Out of Town Retail Agency Team which advises on 90 retail parks totalling 10.0m Sq ft.
- Acquired new stores for B&Q, Dunelm, Morrisons and Toys R US totalling over 2.0m Sq ft.
- Responsible for disposal of 65 B&Q stores in UK (totalling 1.8m Sq ft) between 2015-2017
- Advises Land Securities on their largest UK retail park asset Lakeside Retail Park, London totalling 350,000 Sq ft
- Coordinating Toys R US UK Portfolio Rightsizing programme.