Executive Managing Director • United States
Gerald Rasmussen is an Executive Managing Director and the Senior Housing/Healthcare Practice Group Leader for Cushman & Wakefield’s Valuation & Advisory group, based out of Stamford. As Practice Group Leader of Valuation & Advisory’s Senior Housing/Healthcare practice, Gerald oversees a team of 35 professional appraisers, all of whom have extensive experience. Combined, the group has completed more than 7,500 healthcare related valuation assignments.
Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, Gerald worked for BA Appraisals, Inc. in New York City where he was a Senior Appraiser from January 1985 until 1986. In August of 1986, he began working for Moran & Associates, Inc. in Stamford, CT until November 2001 when he joined Cushman & Wakefield’s Valuation & Advisory group.
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Long Island University, Cum Laude
Louise Lee and Y.T. Lum Award, Appraisal Institute, Connecticut Chapter, Education Trust Fund (2001)
- Fair market rent reset between these two companies of 179 Skilled Nursing and Long Term Acuity Hospitals (LTAC) located in 35 states.
- A multi-year tax appeal of a high-end Continuing Care Retirement Community.
- Portfolios: He has been involved with a significant number of the largest portfolios occurring in the marketplace in the past year. These include portfolios of Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living and dementia facilities.
- Mr. Rasmussen has also been involved with the revaluation of all commercial properties in Stamford, Connecticut, Wallingford, Connecticut and Glen Cove, New York for tax assessment purposes.
- His experience has included a significant amount of court testimony, having been qualified as an expert witness in the U.S. Federal Bankruptcy, New York State Supreme, Connecticut Superior and Connecticut Housing Courts.
Valuation for Senior Housing/Healthcare
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI 8203). As of the current date, Gerald V. Rasmussen, MAI has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.
- Fellow, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in all 50 states
- State of Connecticut Real Estate Appraisal Commission
- Commissioner (1996-Present)
- Appraisal Institute, Connecticut Chapter
- President (2000)
- Connecticut Real Estate Education Foundation
- Board Member and Officer