Executive Managing Director • United States
BROKER VALUE IN ACTION
How do you create value for your clients?
My overall attitude in the service of a client relationship is to "do what it takes" to represent my client. So, in all things, I'm thinking about my clients' best interests, which is my continued goal. My value lies in knowing what I don’t know and getting our internal resources to impact the solution to a client challenge.
What innovative trends across Workplace and PropTech are you leveraging in your market or sector to help keep your clients competitive?
I leverage the deep knowledge base that Cushman & Wakefield's Strategic Consulting and Total Workplace practices brings to the table. When shared with clients, their collection of data helps shape decisions, and provides direction on the way forward in today’s changing use of space and confidence in the their selected path.
If you had a lens into the future, where do you think Occupiers will be most focused in 2025?
Occupiers will be analyzing the decisions made today. For example, did we make the right move when it came to the percentage of employees that are remote working? Looking to 2025, they will be asking, "what is the next small change needed to enhance the decision we made in 2021, or the big modifications required to the direction we selected back 4 years ago?"
Jeffrey Samaras has specialized in corporate real estate services with the Commercial Brokerage Group of Cushman & Wakefield since joining the firm in 1982. He has negotiated a wide range of transactions including leases, leases with equity participation, synthetic leases, build-to-suits, purchases, sales, and sale/leasebacks. Given that the majority of his work focuses on corporate users, his experience is rooted not only in the Chicago metropolitan area but he represents a number of firms nationally and globally.
- Member of the National Brokerage Advisory Committee
- Cushman & Wakefield Global Advisory Board of Directors Professional Recognition
- Recipient of the 1996 Chicago Sun-Times Office Tenant Representative of the Year award
- Recipient of the 1997 NAIOP Office Transaction of the Year Award
- Finalist for the 2000 Crains/Greater Chicago Food Depository Office Broker of the Year Award
- Recipient of the 2000 C&W Service Excellence Award
- Finalist for the 2003 NAIOP Transaction of the Year Award
- Finalist for the 2004 Chicago Area Realtors Broker of the Year Award
- Finalist for the 2005 Crains/Greater Chicago Food Depository Office Broker of the Year Award
- Finalist for the 2009 NAIOP Office Transaction of the Year Award
- Finalist for the 2010 NAIOP Office Transaction of the Year Award
- Finalist for the 2012 NAIOP Office Transaction of the Year Award
- Finalist for the 2014 NAIOP Office Transaction of the Year Award
- Finalist for the 2020 NAIOP Office Transaction of the Year Award
- Recipient of the 2020 TAG Outstanding Achievement Award
The teams structure and primary focus is to serve client's portfolios both domestically and globally:
Mr. Samaras has had the good fortune to represent a number of America's largest corporate clients for their anchor locations around the world.
- Board of Directors Volunteers of America Auxiliary Board member VOA
For Lease • Office
444 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
For Lease • Office
1033 West Van Buren Street
Chicago, IL 60607