President, U.S. Multifamily Capital Markets • United States
John serves as President, U.S Multifamily Capital Markets for Cushman & Wakefield. He is responsible for the growth of the firm’s multifamily capital markets business, and the integration of Greystone, a leading agency lender known for delivering the most creative capital solutions. The December 2021 investment into Greystone’s agency and servicing business marked the largest in Cushman's history and now allows C&W to be the only firm in the industry to offer our clients a fully integrated multifamily platform: investment sales, debt, property management and appraisal services.
Prior to leading the multifamily capital markets business, John held a variety of leadership roles and most recently served as President of the firm’s Central Region where he was the responsible for the growth and successful integration of all Investor and Occupier services throughout the Midwest and Sunbelt geographies.
John has a passion for service and is active with the following organizations. Board member: National Multifamily Housing Council, Atlanta Police Foundation; Woodruff Arts Center and the Metro Atlanta Chamber. O'Neill also serves on the Morehouse College Board of Trustees and the University of Georgia's Terry College of Business Alumni Board.
John is past president of The Rotary Club of Atlanta, the Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors, and former chairman of the board of the Chastain Park Conservancy.
- Who’s Who in Commercial Real Estate, Atlanta Business Chronicle
- Most Admired CEO, Atlanta Business Chronicle
- 500 Most Powerful Leaders, Atlanta Magazine
- Corporate Diversity Champion, Atlanta Business Chronicle
- Top Ten Producer, Office Category, Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors
- President’s Award, Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors
- MBA from the University of Georgia’s Terry College of Business
- Psychology degree from the College of Charleston