Executive Managing Director, V&A Chief Operating Officer • United States
Ms. Kauffman is the Southern California Regional Manager and is a co-leader of the national Multifamily Practice Group. Based in Los Angeles, the central focus of her work is the valuation of development sites and residential and special purpose properties. Ms. Kauffman specializes in projects with unique land planning and entitlement issues. She also advises clients on highest and best use issues and prepares market studies and feasibility analysis for land investment opportunities. Since 1999, her focus has been on urban infill development in Southern California.
Central to her practice is the valuation of Low Income Housing, New Market and Historic Preservation Tax Credits, bond financed properties, affordable housing, SROs and student housing. She has a keen understanding of the public/private partnership structures that are used to facilitate urban development and has appraised leased fee and leasehold positions in multiple ground leased assets throughout Los Angeles. Ms. Kauffman has also provided consulting and/or valuation services for clients with substantial holdings including the U.S. General Services Administration, State of California, local governments, publicly traded REITs, pension funds, private partnerships, local developers and family trusts. Ms. Kauffman is qualified as an expert witness in the Los Angeles County Superior Court and in U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
- Recipient, Cushman & Wakefield’s Mentorship Award in Southern California, 2014
- Recipient, Frank Liantonio Award for Professional Excellence, 2007
- Ms. Kauffman was a member of Cushman & Wakefield’s Top Valuation Services Team in Southern California for 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2006
- Master of Planning, University of Virginia
- Bachelor of Arts, Duquesne University
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI #14502). As of the current date, Michele L. Kauffman, MAI has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following state:
- California - AG 042324