Senior Director • United States
Philip Porter, MAI is a Senior Director with Cushman & Wakefield’s Valuation & Advisory service line and a member of the Infrastructure Practice Group, which provides eminent domain consultations and right of way valuations among other services. He has more than 15 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry, most recently as Appraisal Team Manager with North by Northwest Consulting, where he supervised a team of professional, commercial and residential appraisers providing appraisals for lending, engineering, government and private institutions. He specialized in eminent domain and provided USPAP- and NCDOT-compliant reviews, reviewing appraisal reports for compliance with governmental and client guidelines.
Previously, he was a Real Estate Review Appraiser for the Department of Transportation in Charlotte, NC, and an appraiser for firms T.B. Harris Jr. and Associates and First Appraisal Group, Inc.
Philip is a confirmed right of way expert with a strong reputation in ethical and technical work. Specific accomplishments include appraising some of the first Map Act properties in North Carolina, a regional shopping center for tax appeal, and a complex commercial right of way acquisition for litigation.
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute. As of the current date, Philip Porter, MAI has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute
- Approved NCDOT Right of Way Appraiser, September 2014-current
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- North Carolina – A7392
- South Carolina – 6832
- Tennessee – 5934
- Commonwealth of Virginia – 4001018039
- Master of Divinity, Cross Cultural Ministry, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Appalachian State University