Managing Principal • United States
Grady Matthews, a 20-year industry veteran, serves as Managing Principal for Cushman & Wakfield’s Raleigh-Durham office. He spearheads strategic growth and business development efforts for all aspects of the firm’s business in the Raleigh-Durham market, including agency leasing, tenant representation, capital markets, property management, project and development services, global occupier services and valuation and advisory.
Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, Matthews was Vice President of Choate Construction, where he was also an officer within the company. Previously he successfully opened and managed the Raleigh offices for two of the Southeast’s largest development companies – Crosland, LLC and Granite Development. During this time, Matthews was the lead developer for Eastpointe, Poyner Place, The Shops at Currituck and McCrimmon Corners. Redevelopments include Plaza East in Wilmington and North Ridge Shopping Center in Raleigh. He closed transactions with tenants, including Target, Walmart, Harris Teeter, Chick-fil-a, Schneider Electric and INC Clarion. Additionally, Matthews spent several years on the finance side of the business as Vice President at First Citizens Bank, where he was the No. 1 producer in the Government Guaranteed Lending division, and VantageSouth Bank, where he was the No. 1 producer in the Government Guaranteed Lending Group in 2013.
• National Association for Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP), Government Relations Committee Member
• Raleigh Area Development Authority (RADA), Board Member
• North Carolina International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Past Triangle Area Chair
• NC ICSC, Past Government Relations Chair
• NC ICSC, Past Alliance Program Chair
• Holy Trinity Church, Past Vestry Member
• Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, North Carolina State University
• Men’s Tennis Team, North Carolina State University
• North Carolina Real Estate Broker In Charge License