Executive Managing Director • United States
With more than 30 years of experience, Mike has been involved in all aspects of commercial real estate with a primary focus on client account management, corporate transaction management, international transactions, and consulting. Over the past three years, Mike has completed transactions with a total value exceeding $500 million with a strong emphasis on lease acquisition/early renewal, corporate land sales and leased portfolio right-sizing. His national and international experience in representing a number of different types of transactions in most major metropolitan areas gives him a unique and valuable perspective from which to evaluate real estate, consult strategically and negotiate on behalf of clients. Mike started his career with Cushman & Wakefield predecessor firm, Equis, in 1985. After spending six years in the Chicago office, he moved to Los Angeles to manage the real estate needs of Equis’ West Coast clients. In 1996, Mike moved to the Washington, D.C. office to continue working with national accounts.
- Engility. In 2017, managed the merger of TASC’s and Engility’s real estate portfolios. Through a series
of 50 actions, their combined real estate portfolio cost was reduced by 62% in less than36 months.
- Leo Burnett: In 2018, negotiated a long-term extension of the 692,000 SF headquarters in Chicago,
including full renovation of their tower’s common area and restrooms.
- Grant Thornton. In 2014 negotiated a 15 year, 131,000 SF lease for Grant Thornton’s new consolidated
NYC Midtown office. The annual rent was reduced and the seating capacity increased by 11%.
- Engility. In 2014, extended TASC’s headquarters lease of 300,000 SF by 10 years andreduced
annual rent by 32%. This transaction alone reduced overall portfolio costs by 14%.
- Daimler. In 2009, negotiated a 15 year sale leaseback to a German Pension fund for Daimler’s
Mexico City headquarters for $91 million
- Publicis. Seven location consolidation in Buenos Aires into a single 5,500 SM building.
- Chrysler. Led effort to reposition/entitle excess land in Arizona and sold the property to a home developer
for $312 million.
- Publicis/Leo Burnett
- Curtiss Wright
- Grant Thornton
- Dean Foods