Executive Managing Director • United States
Michael Schaeffer is an Executive Managing Director and the Central Area Lead for Cushman & Wakefield’s Valuation & Advisory group, based out of Chicago. He is also the Practice Group Leader for V&A’s Industrial Practice. He is responsible for leading the Midwest Region and U.S. Industrial practice, comprising over 100 professional staff members.
Michael entered the real estate profession in 1984 as an Associate Appraiser for Joseph J. Blake & Associates. In 1985 he joined Cushman & Wakefield’s Valuation & Advisory as an Associate Appraiser, and in 1991 he was elected as an Associate Director. In 1996 he became a Director, in 1998 he became a Senior Director, and in 2001 was elected as a Managing Director, Midwest Region, Cushman & Wakefield of Illinois, Inc. In 2004 Michael was promoted to Senior Managing Director of Valuation & Advisory, Cushman & Wakefield of Illinois, Inc. In 2009, he was promoted to Executive Managing Director/Area Leader of Valuation & Advisory, Cushman & Wakefield of Illinois, Inc.
- Cushman & Wakefield Chicago Hall of Fame Award (2014)
- Cushman & Wakefield Achievement Award (2003)
- Francis Corcoran Award, Outstanding Valuation Advisory Services Manager of the Year (2001)
- Leading Valuation & Advisory Professional, Nationally (1999)
- Leading Valuation & Advisory Professional, Nationally (1998)
- Leading Valuation & Advisory Professional, Midwest Region (1989-2000)
- Leo L. Majels Award (1993)
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI #11923). As of the current date, Michael Schaeffer, MAI has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.
- Fellow, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Illinois Coalition of Appraisal Professionals (ICAP)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- Illinois – 553.000885
- Indiana – CG49300055
- Iowa – CG01635
- Kentucky – 000174
- Michigan – 1201003675
- Minnesota – 4003277
- Missouri – RA003028
- Ohio – 393484
- Wisconsin – 404-10