Senior Director • United States
Sara Owen is a Senior Director at Cushman & Wakefield with over 20 years of commercial real estate experience. As a member of the Capital Markets team focusing on investment sales for both institutional and private investors, Sara has been involved in transactions totaling over $1 Billion of commercial real estate including office, medical office, industrial, flex, life science, and mixed-use properties in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina and surrounding markets.
Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, Sara spent over twelve years with ORIX Capital Markets specializing in the work-out of defaulted and distressed CMBS and balance sheet loans. During her tenure as a Senior Asset Manager, Sara resolved distressed loans and REO assets totaling more than $850 million.
• 2016 CoStar Power Broker Award as one of the Top Sales Brokers
• 2016 Triangle Business Journal Top Sales Transaction, Third Place
• 2014 Triangle Business Journal Top Sales Transaction, First Place
• Treasurer of Triangle Area Office Building Association (2017-2019)
• Member of Urban Land Institute (ULI)
• EastRidge & Spring Forest; Morrisville-Raleigh, NC; Sale of 635,000 square foot (sf) flex office portfolio
• Imperial Center; Durham, NC; Sale of 286,989 sf office portfolio
• Research Tri-Center; RTP, NC; Sale of 1,534,024 sf industrial portfolio