Managing Principal - Seattle • United States
Alison Beddard is Managing Principal for the Washington operations. Based in Seattle, Beddard oversees the strategic growth of the firm’s business lines in the Seattle and Bellevue regions.
“Alison is an accomplished leader who has, for many years, done a tremendous job at Cushman & Wakefield, not only leading her prior market in Utah, but in several other roles, including within her community and toward the equality and advancement of women in our industry,” said Dan Broderick, Cushman & Wakefield President of the West Region.” Wholly dedicated to placing clients first, Alison embodies our firm’s values and the highest qualities we champion in our leadership.” Broderick continued, “Having Alison as an experienced leader on the ground in Washington coupled with her hands-on approach, emphasis on authentic relationships, and commitment to excellence will be instrumental in driving our growth in the region.”
Beddard began her career with Cushman & Wakefield in 2005 in Salt Lake City, UT, specializing in cutting edge portfolio strategies in office leasing, acquisition and dispositions of assets for institutional occupiers, private investors and nonprofit organizations. She was involved in many high-profile transactions in Salt Lake City including the largest healthcare BTS transaction in the state for University of Utah in 2017 and the American Express 100,000 RSF BTS relocation. Leveraging her skills with her appetite for leadership, she oversaw the strategic growth of the Utah operations before assuming the role for Washington.
“In my role as Managing Principal for the Seattle region, I am looking forward to leveraging our robust global platform, supporting our market’s leading professionals with best in class service, and positioning our clients to be at the center of what’s next in the commercial real estate industry,” says Beddard.
She was recognized as one of “Thirty Women to Watch” by Utah Business Magazine, as well as a 2017 “Women of Influence” Honoree by Real Estate Forum Magazine. She has held various leadership roles in numerous industry and community groups in Utah including the ULI, NAIOP, Salt Lake City Downtown Advisory Group, the Utah Pride Center, Zions Bank Women’s Financial Group, and CREW Utah.
Beddard served as 2017 President of CREW Network, an international organization of 12,000+ members in 76 markets. During her term as President, she guided the Board through a global expansion, the selection and transition of a new Chief Executive Officer, and a comprehensive redesign and launch of CREW’s online networking community.
Dedicated to placing clients first, Beddard embodies Cushman & Wakefield’s leadership and the qualities. Broderick elaborates “Her deep curiosity, emphasis on authentic relationships, and commitment to excellence will be crucial in driving our growth in the Washington region.” She serves on Cushman & Wakefield’s National Leadership Council for the Women’s Integrated Network (WIN). A 1997 graduate of Virginia Tech, Beddard is an avid outdoor enthusiast, gourmet cook, and world traveler.
- 2017 Women of Influence Honoree, Real Estate Forum Magazine
- 30 Women to Watch, Utah Business Magazine, 2016 (click here to watch interview)
- Forty Under 40, Utah Business Magazine, 2013
- President, 2017 CREW Network (click here to watch interview)
- CREW Network Board of Directors, 2014 - 2018
- Chapter President, CREW Utah, 2012
- CREW Utah Board of Directors, 2011 - 2013, CREW Utah
- NAIOP, 2019 Symposium Committee
- Advisory Board, Zions Bank Women’s Financial Group, 2015 - 2017
- Advisory Group, Salt Lake City Downtown Master Plan
- Board of Directors, Utah Pride Center, 2012 - 2014
- Cushman & Wakefield Healthcare Practice Group
- Cushman & Wakefield WIN Leadership Council, 2019 - 2020
- Cushman & Wakefield Charitable Foundation Advisory Board
- B.S. Virginia Tech
- Yale School of Management, Women's Executive Leadership, 2019