Managing Principal • United States
Brett serves as the Managing Principal of Cushman & Wakefield's Charlotte, Charleston, Columbia, Greensboro, Greenville and Winston-Salem markets. He is responsible for Cushman & Wakefield's overall strategy and growth in the region as well as their client focused culture. Brett has the distinct privilege of co-leading Cushman & Wakefield's U.S. Life Science's Advisory Group across the U.S. He was chosen as a member of the company's Central Region Executive Committee guiding strategic decisions across the region and company.
Brett currently serves as the President of the Charlotte Region Commercial Board of Realtors (CRCBR), one of the largest oldest associations in the region and the U.S. He has been honored as one of North Carolina's 500 Most Influential Leaders in the State (2021, 2022) and Most Admired CEO in Charlotte (2020). He is a current or former board member, volunteer and contributor to a number of other industry and charitable causes including but not limited to the YMCA of Greater Charlotte, Charlotte Rescue Mission, Urban Land Institute (ULI), CoreNet and Charlotte Regional Business Alliance's International and Domestic Advisory Council (IAC, DAC).
His experience and insight into the commercial real estate industry are instrumental in developing the firm's strategic growth initiatives. His proven success in leading organizations through substantial change and growth along with his experience in building systems, teams and processes has enhanced the platform and the level of client service.
Brett earned a Bachelor of Arts from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Business North Carolina’s “Power 500” (2021, 2022)
- Charlotte Business Journal’s “Most Admired CEOs (2020)
- Charlotte Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” Award Recipient (2015)
- Cushman & Wakefield’s “Champion” Award Recipient (2015)
- Cushman & Wakefield’s Inaugural Future Leader Selection, One of Twelve Recipients (2014 – 2015)
- Cushman & Wakefield’s “Managing Principal Award of Distinction” Recipient (2014)
- Charlotte Region of Commercial Realtors Board (CRCBR) Executive Committee (2019-current, Board 2017-current)
- President (2022)
- President Elect (2021)
- Treasurer (2020)
- Secretary (2019)
- Charlotte Regional Business Alliance
- International Advisory Council (2021 - current)
- Domestic Advisory Council (2019 - 2020)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Real Estate License, North and South Carolina
Bachelor of Arts, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Childress Klein YMCA Board (2014 – 2019), Committee Lead
- Charlotte Rescue Mission Board (2013 – 2018), Committee Lead
- Charlotte Collegiate Football “Leather Head” (2009-2012)