Executive Director • United States
Mr. Cauthen joined Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. in 2004 and was appointed Practice Leader for the firm’s Office Valuation & Advisory Group in 2017. In addition to national oversight of this group’s platform, he specializes in the appraisal of commercial office property in Dallas, Austin, and surrounding major metro markets. In this role, he values well over $1 billion of real estate annually. Mr. Cauthen’s specialty expertise includes valuations of over 2,000 Class A and B office buildings, trophy/CBD office properties, office ground leases, urban land/redevelopments, market rent studies, and large corporate campuses. He also serves as a member of Cushman & Wakefield’s Healthcare Practice Group appraising MOBs, ASCs, FSEDs, and other outpatient medical facilities.
Mr. Cauthen has qualified and testified as an expert witness in United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas, Austin Division.
• Designated Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI #494067). As of the current date, Chris Cauthen, MAI has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.
• LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP Designation)
• Texas Real Estate Sales Agent (Lic #601025)
• Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- Oklahoma – 13005CGA
- Texas – TX1338582 G
• Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance (Real Estate) Texas A&M University
• Board of Directors, North Texas Chapter of Appraisal Institute, 2019 - present
• Dallas Area Rookie of the Year, Cushman & Wakefield of Texas, Inc., 2007
• Dallas Area Deal of the Year, Cushman & Wakefield of Texas, Inc., 2014
• Dallas Area Top Valuation & Advisory Professional, Cushman & Wakefield of Texas, Inc. 2009 and 2018