Executive Director • United States
Mike Farmer has been Cushman & Wakefield since 1989, supporting company leadership through many market cycles and mergers. He specializes in all facets of industrial real estate, including sales, leasing, sale-leasebacks, investments, and land. He is highly valued among fellow brokers, clients, and industry colleagues for his vast experience and respectful approach to each personal interaction. Mike’s leadership among the company’s industrial group, local market knowledge, and large network of established industry relationships is unmistakable.
Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield/Commerce, Mike served as an industrial agent with Grubb & Ellis Commercial Brokerage, Shott Realty Company, Tracy Realty, and was a founding partner in the brokerage firm Commerce Properties, later becoming Cushman & Wakefield/Commerce. Mike’s creative approach to problem-solving and diligence in keeping abreast of market trends and information have led to long-term representation of major local and national clients working on some of the premiere real estate deals in the Intermountain West. Involvement in local and national real estate organizations enable Mike to remain at the forefront of industry trends. He has worked through high and low market cycles and through all types of changes in the industry and market. His vast commercial real estate experience allows him to foresee ups and downs in the market before they occur, thereby allowing him to assist his clients in taking advantage of these inevitable market changes.
Awards & Associations
- Member, Million Dollar Club, Salt Lake Board of Realtors
- Member, Utah Board of Realtors
- Member, National Board of Realtors
- Member, Industrial Council
- Past President, SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors)
- Member, SIOR Board of Arbitration and Professional Standards
- Commercial Salesperson of the Year, Salt Lake Board of Realtors
- US Marine Corps (retired), three year Vietnam service
- B.S. Mathematics, University of Kansas
- B.A. English, University of Kansas
- Arka Properties
- Delta Airlines
- Hillman Properties
- Phillip Morris
- Prudential Realty.
- Union Pacific Railroad