Managing Principal • United States
Mike is the Managing Principal of the Minneapolis-St. Paul office of Cushman & Wakefield. In this role, he leads the Minnesota operations of Cushman & Wakefield which includes Brokerage Services, Asset Services, Project & Development Services, Portfolio Administration, Facilities Management and Engineering. The company has been recognized by Minneapolis Star Tribune 6 times as a Top Workplace, by Twin Cities Business Journal as the top Property Management company for 16 straight years, and top brokerage company for the last 6 years. The Minnesota operation employs over 430 people, and manages over 30 million square feet of commercial properties.
Mr. Ohmes was named Managing Principal in 2017. Prior to taking that role, he was Executive Vice President of Transaction & Advisory Services for Cushman & Wakefield NorthMarq, a regional joint venture partner with Cushman & Wakefield.
In that role, Mike was responsible for oversight and leadership of the company’s market leading brokerage department, which included more than 90 professionals in office, retail, industrial, advisory and capital markets groups.
- MBA from the Carlson School of Business at the University of Minnesota
- Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from Macalester College in St. Paul
- SIOR and CCIM designations
- Real Estate Broker of Record, MN, WI, ND, IA
Awards & Associations
- Minnesota Real Estate Journal, Finalist Real Estate Executive of the Year, 2019
- The Minnesota 500, Most Powerful Business Leaders in Minnesota, 2018, 2019
- Midwest Real Estate Journal’s, Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame, 2017
- Twin Cities Business Magazine, Top 100 People to Know, 2016, 2019
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal, 40 Under Forty, 2013
- Board member for the Minnesota Chapter of NAIOP
- University of St. Thomas Real Estate Advisory Board Member
- Minnesota Commercial Association of Real Estate (MNCAR)
- Past President and current Trustee for the SIOR Foundation
- Past board member and Past President of the Minnesota Commercial Property Exchange (MCPE)
- Former Mid-Continent Chapter President of SIOR