Vice Chair • United States
Paul Lundstedt joined Cushman & Wakefield in late 2018 as Vice Chairman. As part of the firm’s national Capital Markets practice, Paul specializes in serving institutional clients in Chicago and the greater Midwest region.
Throughout his 37-year career, Paul has arranged the sale of more than $30 billion of investment real estate totalling nearly 200 million square feet. Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, Paul served as Executive Vice President with CBRE’s Capital Markets - Institutional Properties.
Paul began his career in commercial real estate with CB Commercial in 1982 in Portland, Oregon, transferring to its Chicago office in 1987. Paul has held executive positions within the capital markets industry at Cushman & Wakefield (1991 – 2008), Grubb and Ellis (2009 – 2011) and CBRE (2011 – 2018).
Based in Chicago, Paul leads the Midwest Capital Markets Team specializing in the sale of institutional office assets in Chicago and the greater Midwest. In partnership with 17 other Capital Market experts, the team provides strategic advice with a client-first approach by leveraging the team’s wide-ranging experience, expertise and relationships.
Since 1991, Paul has focussed on the disposition of office assets in both the greater Chicago area as well as the overall Midwest region. His experience provides expertise in understanding capital market trends, rental market fundamentals, investor yield requirements and debt/equity strategies to fully inform clients on monetization options.
- NAIOP Chicago Annual Awards for Excellence – Broker Transaction of the Year: 1999, 2001, 2005, 2013 Finalist: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Greater Chicago Food Depository Investment Broker of the Year: 1997, 1998, 2017; Finalist: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Active member of Libertyville Covenant Church where he has held numerous leadership positions over the past 30 years
- Active board member of Young Life Lake County, a Christian youth organization focussed primarily on high school, junior high and children with disabilities
- Over 10 years’ experience in coaching feeder basketball (junior high) for Libertyville High School
Article • Topical Report
Fueled by an influx of jobs and people to the downtown core, Chicago has claimed the No. 6 spot on a newly released report that ranks the country's top 30 metropolitan areas based on walkable urbanism.