Regional Leader • United States
Mr. Rau is a Managing Director with Cushman & Wakefield’s Valuation & Advisory office located in Birmingham, Alabama. He joined C&W’s Valuation & Advisory group in 2004 and in 2008 was promoted to Associate Director. In the Fall of 2009, he was promoted to Director and in January 2011 was promoted to Senior Director and Managing Director in March 2011.
His current responsibilities include the production of appraisal reports as well as the management and marketing of Cushman & Wakefield Valuation & Advisory services throughout Alabama and Tennessee. Mr. Rau’s career began upon graduating from Samford University in 1990. He gained very useful knowledge in the mortgage lending field as a quality control reviewer through 1992. In 1993, his career began in real estate appraisal career in the valuation of single-family residences, which led to the opportunity to begin appraising a wide variety of commercial properties for a local valuation firm in Birmingham. In 1998, Mr. Rau was an associate appraiser for Graham & Company, Inc., a prominent real estate company in Birmingham. While with Graham & Company, he gained valuable knowledge of the industrial, office, retail markets and the convenience store markets in Birmingham and other cities in Alabama.
Mr. Rau has worked for a variety of clients, including, Regions Bank, BBVA Compass, Wells Fargo, Capital One, BB&T, BancorpSouth, Bank of America, ServisFirst Bank, First Horizon Bank, Iberia Bank, RBC Centura Bank, Renasant Bank, and Oakworth Capital Bank.
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute, No. 12548
- Member, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS Designation No. 1299227)
- Alabama State Certified Real Property Appraiser No. G00533
- Tennessee Certified General Real Estate Appraiser No. 4646
- Board Member (2009-2011), Alabama Chapter of the Appraisal Institute
- Associate Guidance Chairman, (2009-2010), Alabama Chapter of the Appraisal Institute