Sr. Director • United States
Mr. Collins has been engaged in the valuation and consultation profession since 1986. His experience has focused on the senior housing and healthcare industries, and properties appraised include nursing homes, assisted living and independent living facilities, continuing care retirement communities (CCRC'S), acute care hospitals, medical office buildings, rehabilitation and behavioral health facilities located throughout the United States.
He has valued both tangible and intangible assets including business enterprise, capital stock and real estate assets. Interest appraised range from fee simple, fair market value scenarios to leasehold interests and the minority interest of closely-held corporate stock. Mr. Collins has provided valuation and consultation services for the purpose of acquisitions/divestitures, recapitalization, public and private placements and employee stock option plans. Services have been provided to management of both profit and non-profit organizations, as well as to the lending sources, investors and legal counsel of numerous healthcare providers.
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following states:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Various Masters-level business and real estate courses, Rutgers University
- Bachelor of Science- Finance, Rider University, Graduated Cum Laude
- Appeared as an expert witness in the Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Delaware and Connecticut. He has testified in cases involving martial dissolution, bankruptcy and asset impairment issues
- Primary author of the Lender Survey of Preferences in Financing Senior Housing and Long Term Care Projects conducted jointly by the National Investment Center for the Senior Housing and Care Industries from 1996 through 2002
- Published the Senior Housing and Care Investors Survey, an annual survey of equity investors and facility owners/operators regarding he valuation of senior living and long term care assets
- Quoted in various trade publications and has appeared as a featured speaker at the national conference on seniors housing and long term care investment