Exec Director • United States
Robert Porto is an MAI appraiser with the Valuation & Advisory group of Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. in New York. Mr. Porto is a member of the Multifamily Practice Group and specializes in the valuation of residential properties in New York City.
Robert E. Porto is a Senior Director with Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. Valuation & Advisory. Mr. Porto joined Cushman & Wakefield Valuation & Advisory as an intern in May 2003. He was subsequently hired as a full-time appraiser and real estate analyst in June 2004.
Since joining the division, Mr. Porto has worked on various appraisals of income producing properties including apartments, office buildings, industrial properties, retail and shopping centers, and special use properties such as auto dealerships, golf courses, restaurants, and parking garages. Work scope includes feasibility studies, market surveys and investment analyses. Mr. Porto has been a member of the Gas Station/Convenience Store, Auto Dealership, Multi-Family, Industrial, Restaurant, and Residential Development specialty practice groups. Mr. Porto is also the primary appraiser for a multi-year engagement with the NYC Department of Environmental Protection. Mr. Porto was promoted to Associate Director in July 2008, further promoted to Director in July 2010 and Senior Director in April 2014.
In 2012, Mr. Porto joined New York’s multifamily specialty practice group, as a colleague of John T. Feeney, Jr. who co-heads the national Multifamily Practice Group. The Group focuses on valuation and consulting assignments located within all five boroughs of New York City. Multifamily assets include cooperatives, existing and proposed condominium developments, proposed and existing rental developments, development sites, air rights, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, and benefits related to sub-market financing.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, James Madison University
- Mr. Porto has successfully completed all course work and requirements for the MAI designation. Mr. Porto has also completed the requirements of the continuing education program of New York State and the Appraisal Institute.
- Memberships, Licenses and Professional Affiliations
- Designated Member, Appraisal Institute – Metropolitan New York Chapter
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser-State of New York (License No. 46000048454)