Los Angeles is home to one of the largest Asian communities in the world. According to the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation Economic Profile Series, in 2017 there were nearly 1.5 million people of Asian descent in Los Angeles County, accounting for 14.5% of the county’s population.
Cushman & Wakefield’s Hanna Kim Yoon, Senior Counsel; James Chung, Executive Managing Director and West Region Retail Lead; and Executive Director Suzanne Lee share details and insights about their backgrounds and commercial real estate careers.
- How the team began their careers and their thoughts on working in the commercial real estate industry.
- How their Asian American background can offer them a competitive advantage in recognizing cultural nuance, custom, etc. and comes to bear in winning and servicing their business.
- Regardless of ethnic background, people with commitment and drive are well suited to commercial real estate and the sector rewards entrepreneurialism.
- Managing day-to-day work obstacles and challenges through pure authenticity.
- The road to management, James recaps how he became the West Region Retail Lead for Cushman & Wakefield.