Piers Wates, Associate, has been named to the Charlotte Region Commercial Board of REALTORS® (CRCBR) Leadership Class. Piers is one of 12 members for 2020.
“Leadership development is an essential element to improve our association and the commercial real estate industry,” according to CRCBR. The Leadership Class offers an exclusive opportunity for members to become successful and build relationships, with the goal of becoming future leaders of the organization and the commercial real estate industry.
As a member of Cushman & Wakefield’s Tenant Advisory Group, Piers focuses on representing tenants and businesses in lease negotiations. He helps clients identify and align their real estate strategy with business objectives to minimize real estate expenditure and risk, whilst maximizing workplace productivity and flexibility.
The Leadership Class provides personal and professional growth opportunities. Participation objectives include:
- Better understand commercial brokerage community in the Charlotte region by meeting with and learning from top professionals and veterans in the commercial real estate industry
- Develop leadership skills
- Learn about legislative priorities by meeting with local and state officials. This includes participating in NCAR Legislative Day in Raleigh
- Strengthen relationships within the community
- Network with other commercial practitioners by attending programs